Featured Post

July 2019 Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Review

I got some odd products in my July 2019 Ipsy Glam Bag Plus. I only liked 3 of the 5 items. Here's what I received:



Purlisse Matcha Green Tea Antioxidant Priming Moisturizer


Wander Beauty Catch the Light Highlighter and Glotion in Celestial


Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara in Brynn


Pixi by Petra Glow Mist


Huda Beauty Obsessions Palette in Mauve


The primer gave my skin a nice smooth base with a slight scent of green tea. The highlighter and glotion combo was very disappointing. The packaging is clever with the cream highlighter on top of the cap to the glotion. It is very easy to get too much glotion out at once. I used a toothpick in the tube to make sure I didn't dispense too much. The creamy roller ball works fine. Maybe it was the light beige shade, but neither product showed up on my light medium skin much. I tried it under makeup, on top of makeup, and on bare skin. It just disappeared when I blended it. My skin just looked oily shiny, not highlighter shiny.

The mascara works fine. It didn't look anything like lash extensions, though. But I have been getting mascaras for the last four months in a row. I don't need anymore for a while. I have never understood the point of facial mists. They seem like a very useless product. I still feel that way after trying my first one. When I used the glow mist on top of makeup, my skin looked greasy. The scent is lemony, almost too much like a cleaning spray. I don't like the idea of spraying oil on my naturally oily face. I will review the Huda eyeshadow palette in a separate post.


Comments